Hazwoper 8 Hour Annual Refresher Training Course Description:
The Hazwoper 8 hour annual refresher training meets the requirements in OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 for 8 hours of annual refresher training for workers at hazardous waste sites.
The Hazwoper 8 hour course is designed for general site workers who remove hazardous waste or who are exposed or potentially exposed to hazardous substances or health hazards.
Topics include HAZWOPER regulations, safety and health plans, hazardous chemicals, safety hazards, air monitoring, medical surveillance, site control, decontamination, personal protective equipment, and respiratory equipment.
- Read and understand OSHA regulations and requirements
- Use Site Characterization to identify hazards found in the workplace and steps to be taken to minimize hazards
- Understand the principles of toxicology and how they relate to various types of chemical exposures
- Develop a Medical Surveillance Program and understand its purpose
- Identify the uses for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and how to choose the correct PPE for a situation
- Understand the principles of decontamination as well as levels of decontamination and decontamination methods
- Have a better understanding of potentially hazardous situations involving corrosives, solvents, oxidizers and reactive chemicals
- Understand the various considerations in an emergency and the importance of training and actions to personal safety and the safety of others
- Updated content to reflect all current OSHA requirements
- Revised quiz questions
- NEW study guide to prepare you to pass the 8-hour Hazwoper refresher
Course Pre-Requisite: Must have taken the 24 or 40 hour HAZWOPER course
Testing: All module quizzes require a score of 70 to proceed forward in the course. The final exam also requires a minimum score of 70 to receive a certificate of completion. The final exam may be taken three times if necessary.
The Unofficial guide to the OSHA Coupon Code: SUMMER08
Coupon Code Description: 10% discount for a Hazwoper 8 hour training course
HAZWOPER 8-Hour Refresher Course Description:
HAZWOPER 8-hour refresher course is designed for professionals who engage in hazardous waste/substance operations and/or hazardous materials emergency response, and who have previously completed the 40-hour or 24-hour HAZWOPER certification course.
PureSafety?s online course covers the compliance requirements for a HAZWOPER refresher course as defined by OSHA, needed by any and all professionals involved in an organization?s HAZWOPER program.
The seven module series addresses: Scope, Application and Training Requirements of the HAZWOPER Standard; Toxicology, Monitoring and Medical Surveillance; Hazard and Risk Assessment Techniques and Hazard Identification; Respiratory Protection and Personal Protective Equipment; Confined Spaces and Handling Drums and Containers; Site Control and Decontamination, and Emergency Response and Spill Prevention.